This is a good one! Extracted from here
12 quick tips for boosting your happiness at work
Of course, being happy at work depends mostly on how much you like your job. But there are also smaller steps that can boost your happiness, as well — partly by boosting your physical comfort and your productivity.
Some of these steps are VERY small, but the fact that you’re taking steps to improve your situation itself boosts happiness.
1. Check for eyestrain / by putting your hand to your forehead in a salute. If your eyes feel relieved, your work space is too bright.
INDEED SO, BUT OTHERS SHARING THE SAME LIGHTING DUN FEEL SO … **SIGH**
2. Sit up straight / with your shoulders down — every time I adjust my sitting position, I instantly feel more energetic and cheerier.
SEEMS SO, BUT I NEED TO ‘HIDE’ FROM SOME EYES AND FACES … 眼不见为净 😛
3. Get a phone headset. / I resisted for a long time, because it looks so preposterous, but it’s really much more comfortable. Also, it lets me pace while I talk on the phone, which also looks preposterous, but is energizing.
HAR?! WUN I LOOK LIKE A CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER THEN?
4. Don’t keep candy on your desk. / Studies show that people are much more likely to snack when a treat is within easy reach, and a handful of M&Ms each day could mean a weight gain of five pounds by year’s end.
HENG I HAVE CUT DOWN ON THESE 😛
5. Never say “yes” on the phone /; instead, say, “I’ll get back to you.” When you’re actually speaking to someone, the desire to be accommodating is very strong, and can lead you to say “yes” without enough consideration. Along the same lines…
HMM…I GUESS IT DEPENDS ON INDIVIDUAL SITUATIONS…
6. When deciding whether to say “yes,” //imagine that you’re accepting a job that you’ll have to do next week.// Don’t agree to something just because it seems so far off that it doesn’t seem onerous.
IF I SAY YES, I WUN WAIT TOO LONG TO COMPLETE IT … UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE ‘YES’ IT FOR ME…
7. Don’t let yourself get too hungry. / My husband goes without eating for hours and hours at a time, so once, trying to be helpful, I bought him a big bag of granola to keep in his desk. He ate the whole bag in one day and ended up sick as a dog. Lesson: eat regularly.
TRUE…AND A HUNGRY MAN IS AN ANGRY MAN!
8. Take care of difficult calls, tasks, or emails / as quickly as possible. Procrastinating makes them harder; getting them done gives a big boost of relieved energy.
YA RIGHT MAN!
9. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, //think hard about how you spend your time.// Be honest. How much time do you spend surfing the internet, looking for things you’ve misplaced, or doing a task that’s really someone else’s job? Also…
HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO SO EVERYDAY…BUT I’M EASILY DISTRACTED 😛
10. Let yourself stay ignorant / of things you don’t need to know.
AM TRYING HARD TO DO SO TOO …
11. Go outside at least once a day, / and if possible, take a walk. The sunlight and activity is good for your focus, mood, and retention of information.
12. Say “Good morning” to everyone. / Social contact is cheering, and if you feel that you’re on good terms with all the people in your office, you’ll be happier each day. Also, it’s polite.
USED TO BUT IT SOON DIED DOWN…
These can only be served as a reminder of the little things we knew but had totally forgotten, cos reality is reality, whether u like your job or not, change your job or not, it just happens everywhere.
So the ultimate solution is … 路不转人转 (if u cun change the surrounding, change urself) lo. <= this is for me too ^_*